In the foothills of the Catskill Mountains, New York YMCA Camp’s 1,150 acres of pristine wilderness is a collection of beautiful lakes, streams, waterfalls, ridges, vistas and miles of hiking trails. Set between the historical villages, hamlets and towns of the Neversink and Delaware River, its lush green forest is home to deer, turkeys, foxes, many species of bird and aquatic life. At the center of this serenity lies the Greenkill Retreat Center.
Greenkill is appropriate for all Scouts, as we "camp" in large cabins with amenities. Activities include sledding, ice skating, basketball, dodgeball and climbing wall, as well as outdoor organized activities and the occasional disorganized snowball fight.
What to bring:
- Bag lunch for Saturday
- Sleeping bag / blanket and a pillow (of desired)
- Winter/warm coat, gloves and hat
- Boots for hiking / sneakers for gymnasium
- Warm clothes suitable for snowy, cold conditions, such as fleece and layers of synthetics
- Pajamas and a change of clothes
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottle
- MESS KIT with fork, knife, spoon in a 1 gallon ziplock bag (we will not have any utensils or plates, so if you don't bring a mess kit you might not eat)
- Football, frisbee, etc
- Electronics are permitted, but only for later in the day after Troop activities.
New York YMCA Camp
160 Big Pond Road
Huguenot, NY 12746
- GW Bridge UPPER level to Palisades Pkwy N
- New York State Thruway (I-87) north to Exit 16 (Harriman)
- Take Route 6 and 17W to exit 121W. Follow I-84W to Exit 1 (Port Jervis, NY). At the end of the exit ramp, make a left turn at the stop sign onto Route 6W. Bear slight right at the next traffic light continuing on Route 6W.
- Continue for two more lights and at second light turn right onto N Maple Avenue / Neversink Drive (you will not need to cross the green bridge).
- Continue on Neversink Drive for 4.8 miles.
- Turn right onto Route 209 and continue for 0.6 miles. Look for the YMCA Camps sign on the right side of the road, directing you to turn left in 1/10th mile onto Peenpack Trail.
- Take the next right on to Grange Road. Take the next left on to Big Pond Road. Follow Big Pond Road for 0.7 miles to our entrance (on the right).
Please contact me or Mr. Maass if you have any questions.
Charles Maass: 917-825-4435