OUR NEXT OUTINGS
We will meet at the usual Plandome Train Station parking lot (across from Country Club) at 8:30 am sharp and then head over to the 1,500-acre preserve on a peninsula surrounded by Lloyd Harbor, Cold Spring Harbor and the Long Island Sound. We will hike 5 miles amid the awesome scenery and should be back in Manhasset around 1:00 pm. Newer Scouts should bring a compass to earn the Second Class rank advancement requirement for navigating a 5-mile hike using a compass and map.
Wear appropriate hiking clothing (Underarmor, etc) and comfortable hiking boots, and bring sunblock, plenty of water and an energy snack. Small knapsack recommended.
Details to follow.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Bully! to Troop 71 for donating 150 lbs to Scouting for Food! See the Scoutmaster for your 2014 patch.
- On March 30th, REI in Carle Place is holding a "Garage Sale" for members only at which you can "score epic deals" on "slightly used or returned gear and clothing for way less than what you'd pay for it new." This will surely be worthwhile and is recommended especially for new Scouts who may not have any gear and are not sure what they need or want.
- Join the Scoutmaster's E-Mail Directory! Scouts and parents are encouraged to provide the Scoutmaster with their email address to receive messages directly. To be added, simply email the Scoutmaster with your name in the subject line.
- IMPORTANT: The Plandome FD will be hosting a county-wide training course on the 2nd floor of the Village Hall for 40-50 people every Thursday through 3/13 from 7:30-10:30 p.m. Parking will be tight. Please be careful with dropping off Scouts as there may be additional traffic. Keep the downstairs noise to a minimum and avoid going upstairs so we don't disturb our neighbors. No unsupervised Scouts in the PFD. Thanks
- Troop 71 is on FACEBOOK! Be sure to "Like" us and check out the thousands of photos from our many camping trips, special events and other activities.