OUR NEXT OUTING
- Meet on Saturday 9/6 at 10:15 am at usual Plandome Station parking lot, then drive to Patchogue to catch 12:15 ferry to Watch Hill (directions).
- We will sleep in tents at the group site at the Watch Hill group camping site and arrive back in Manhasset at approximately 12:30 pm on Sunday 9/7.
- This trip will take place weather permitting only as we will cancel it if rain is forecast. The Scouts can hang out at the beach and will also be encouraged to bring their fishing poles to fish off of the docks from the bay side OR fish in the surf from the ocean side.
- Lunch: bring brown bag lunch for Saturday
- Gear: Standard camping gear required (there is a water source on site and bathrooms nearby)
- Cost: $15 per person (includes dinner, breakfast, site fees) PLUS each attendee will need $18 cash for round-trip ferry fees.
- Leader: Charles Maass
- Scouts and parents wishing to attend must bring a check for $15 per person payable to "BSA Troop 71" and completed Permission Slip to our first Troop Meeting on Thursday, September 4th.
- PARENTS WISHING TO ATTEND please advise Mr. Maass ASAP so he can complete the Tour Permit.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Congratulations to Steven Squillante on earning Eagle Scout Rank on 8/14/14! BULLY!
- Sell, buy, swap or give away something in our new Trading Post!
- Join the Scoutmaster's E-Mail Directory! Scouts and parents are encouraged to provide the Scoutmaster with their email address to receive messages directly. To be added, simply email the Scoutmaster with your name in the subject line.
- Troop 71 is on FACEBOOK! Be sure to "Like" us and check out the thousands of photos from our many camping trips, special events and other activities.